Building your own ubiset:
- buy a modern 3G phone
- install the following software:
* Google Maps (http://www.google.com/mobile/)
* Tweets60 (http://www.tweets60.com/)
* Glogger Lite (http://m.glogger.mobi/)
* Fring (though it's a battery drain)
This set gives you access to a lot of info on the road. You can keep in touch
and document (Glogger) what you see. Fring is quite on drain on battery, so be
careful with that. My mobile was sucked empty in 1 day instead of normal
3-4 days (at that point of its life).
Also, read EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) instructions about how
to preserve your location privacy. At least if you decide to give away
information you know how it can be (ab)used.
[ubiset = equipment needed for ubiquitous presence, the ability to stay in touch with a network of services and friends]