Reasons that will lead to an unread email to be down-thumbed based on Subject alone:
- I don’t believe that your Subject truthfully captures what would be in email body
- You’re blatant clickbait – I can sense it immediately
- You might be too long an article for my schedule, so I rather not postpone or keep procrastinating, but delete the mail
- Great! Nice to know. The subject already tells everything. Don’t need body. Deleted.
- Sounds like random noise incoming, I’ll muffle it. Deleted
- Yesterday’s weather notification from a system – deleted. Future-referencing weather notifications are much more useful.
- Your content seems to be bit too much of a mixed plate, a “smörgåsbord” – I don’t want confusion. I’m a flow-baby, or at least right now in flow mode (TM)
- You are most likely a robot posting the email, without any viable payload to be expected..
- Some random notification coming out of a list I once subscribed – I’ll unsub, this was my bad! Note to self: don’t subscribe on remotely interesting project’s bug tracking lists.
- The content might be relevant job post, but in a format (from HR system) that reflects the organization is outdated – I want modern and fresh organization. Everybody wants that.
- SORRY I DON’T DO CAPS
- Subject says: ‘Please don’t reply to this mail’. No worries. Click.
Leave a Reply