Node’s origins – by Ryan Dahl himself!
Your first steps writing a Node program
- let’s assume your code is in a file called index.js
- after you are finished writing, run your code with: node index.js
- plenty of good tutorials in Internet
- official download site is https://nodejs.org/en/download/
- you choose the download file to suit Windows, Mac or Linux
- should take no more than 5 minutes to install
Once you have done installation, open a shell and type:
You should see Node responding with a version string, like:
We’re good to go.
- create a file called index.js
- write the following lines into the file:
Run the program.
Leave a Reply